LED Acne Phototherapy is the safe, quick, painless, and effective solution to acne and breakouts for all ages. At some point in our lives most of us will suffer from pimples or acne, however chronic and persistent acne can occur in anyone from their pre-teens to late 40’s.
Our trained technicians use a tightly regulated wavelength of light, emitted via LED’s or light emitting diodes. This light destroys the acne causing bacteria that occur naturally on the skin of acne sufferers, resulting in a reduction of up to 90% in acne. Activation of coproporphyrin III creates intracellular singlet oxygen – inducing complete bacterial death. This reduces the bacterial colonisation of the sebaceous gland, returning the gland’s abnormally high level of sebum to normal.
Phototherapy is your solution to clean, clear, and beautiful skin. Over the counter remedies often have little effect on this emotionally distressing condition and frequently acne sufferers conceal the condition, or refrain from public engagements altogether. Acne Phototherapy you can come out of the shadows, and let your natural beauty shine.
The advantages of Led Therapy *:
- Stimulates the bodies own cellular healing response so the treatment continues long after light turned off by photomodulation
- Not a laser or an IPL so no heat, no side effects or downtime.
- Non-invasive, non-ablative safe therapy
- No damage to sub-dermal tissue
- Relaxing and calming experience
- Compatible with existing skin rejuvenation techniques such as BotoxTM, IPLs, laser resurfacing and cosmetic surgery.
- Allows treatment of large areas such as the face and chest
- Economically viable
Blue Acne Phototherapy Treats *:
- Face, neck, back, chest and shoulder areas
You will have to remove any makeup or sunblock before the treatment and you will also be asked to wear safety goggles. The light will then be positioned close to your face/chest/back and you will be treated for 20 minutes. After that you’re free to go home.
- Either 8 alternate blue and red or 8 blue light treatments over four weeks (20 minutes).
- Allow At least 48 hours rest time between treatments.
- Combination light therapy consists of alternate blue and red light therap
- Optimum results will be seen between 4-8 weeks after treatment. The light stimulates natural processes that continue after the treatment has stopped.
There have been no reported adverse side effects like redness or irritation from the treatment, and the light does not damage skin in any way.
Before and After *: